FRAMELESS SHOWER DOOR GLASS AND HARDWARE Recommended Cleaning Instructions
This beautiful and functional shower enclosure should provide years of enjoyment, as well as increase the value of your home. With the proper care and maintenance, your new enclosure will prove to be virtually worry-free. The high quality hardware that you have chosen will require a minimal amount of attention.
How to Care for the Hardware
This hardware, if given the proper care, will remain as beautiful as it is now. Neglecting or ignoring the basic rules of maintenance will result in the hardware not living up to its potential long life.
• The best way to maintain the beautiful finish on the hardware is to wipe it down after every use. After you shower, use a dry towel to thoroughly dry the hardware. If the hardware is kept clean after every use, it will not collect mineral deposits that require the use of a soap solution (noted below).
• If you are unable to dry the hardware after every use, a weekly cleaning is suggested. The correct method to be used in cleaning the hardware is a mild soap and warm water mixture. Mix a couple of drips of mild liquid soap, such as Ivory or similar product, into a cup of warm water. Using a soft, non-abrasive cloth, proceed to clean the hardware. After you’ve cleaned the hardware, rinse thoroughly with clean warm water and dry.
• WARNING: Never use an abrasive cleanser of any kind on the hardware. Many of the components are coated with a clear lacquer that will be irreparably damaged if subjected to harsh abrasive chemicals or scrubbing devices
How to Care for Your Glass
In addition to keeping the hardware clean, it is of equal importance to keep the glass clean. Glass that is neglected or ignored will accumulate water spots, which will eventually turn into mineral deposits.
• The best way to keep the glass free of potentially damaging water spots is to squeegee the glass after every use. A routine of using a squeegee on a daily basis is a great habit to get into. It’s a minimal investment in time, and will save you a great deal of cleaning at a later date.
• Using a liquid surface protector to protect your glass is a good idea. CRL TPC (Transparent Polymer Coating) Surface Protector can help to repel water off of the glass, but is not intended to replace the use of a squeegee.
• You have made an investment in your home by including an enclosure of the highest quality materials. By following these simple guidelines you can greatly increase the life of the hardware and glass. If you have any questions regarding these instructions, contact the company who completed the installation. They can also supply you with such maintenance products as squeegees and transparent polymer coatings. Happy showering